Steps to Buying A Home
1. Find a Realtor® – In the maze of forms, financing, inspections, marketing, pricing, and negotiating, it makes sense to work with professionals who knows the community as well as the complicated process involved in buying a home. Our team has the expertise and tenacity to best represent you in this process.
2. Get a mortgage pre-approval – It is imperative when you make an offer on a home that you can show the entire offer which includes how you as the buyer will be paying for this home. If you are a cash buyer, you will need to show documented proof of funds in a liquid account. If you are financing your home, a pre-approval from a mortgage broker or lender is necessary. The pre-approval allows you a complete understanding on what you can afford.
3. Prospecting for your home – We at All About The Buyer welcome the opportunity to spend time with you assessing your needs and developing the criteria for your new home search. A quick search on our site will bring up thousands of homes for sale and we encourage you to register on our site. Registration allows you to define criteria and receive updates on the homes that fit your search criteria.
4. Look at home(s) – Once a list of top homes has been defined, schedule a time with our office to visit the ones you have chosen. To aid you during this process you will receive our HOME BUYING JOURNAL at the start of our tours. This journal will provide you an organized avenue in which to keep track of the homes you visit as well as contact information for the varying vendors you will be in contact with throughout this home buying journey.
5. Make an offer – Together with an “All About the Buyer” realtor, we can prepare and present an offer on the home of your choice.
6. Once the offer is accepted – Once your offer has been accepted we will engage your mortgage broker/lender and ask that they begin the loan process.
7. Inspections – Once your mortgage has been approved appraisals and inspections come next. Your Realtor will help manage this process to ensure all is done timely and effectively.
8. Title Insurance – After the inspections and appraisals are complete your title company is will begin their searches to ensure a clear title is available to you as the buyer.
9. Home Owners Insurance – Once all the above has been completed it will be time to get quotes on home owners insurance. Whether you are a cash buyer or are obtaining financing, you will want insurance to protect your investment. Our Concierge Services section has been established to provide you will a list of trusted vendors as well as information on getting services established in your new home.
10. Clear to Close! – Let the fun begin! Once your lender, insurance provider and title company are clear to close it will be time to schedule a walk-through to inspect the property one last time before closing.
11. Closing – Together you and your realtor will meet with the title company to sign the necessary documents needed to close on your home. Your final cash to close will be wired by you and/or your lender to the title company so that they can disburse at closing to all parties.
12. You are a homeowner! – You’ve looked at properties, made an offer, obtained financing, and completed closing. The home is now yours.
13. Congratulations! – You’ve done it. You have completed what is likely the most important investment you will ever make. Now it is time to enjoy that the moment and your new home. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this momentous occasion. We have enjoyed working with you make your dream come true!